What does hz/ph mean?

Now Ed, you know better than to confuse him with facts. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

which was INSIDE the refrigerant circuits of an HVAC unit to be vented to the air, regardless of how safe or clean or non-hazardous you think they are --

Reply to
DD_BobK

I've been down that route with Evan. He's clueless. Those AC evaporator coils are not only brazed with nitrogen flowing, they are shipped with a nitrogen charge inside. What are they sealed with? Just rubber expansion plugs. In the real world, to install the coil, you remove the plug and Pssshh!! the nitrogen escapes. There is no practical way to capture that nitrogen period. You then braze the connections to the lines with nitrogen flowing to prevent oxidation crud inside from forming during brazing. All that nitrogen is vented to the atmosphere. It's flowing into and right out of the system.

In Evan's world, every HVAC guy is committing a crime every time he does the above. Funny thing though, we've all yet to see a single reference to back up what he claims is EPA law. Those whales must all be dying from that nitrogen too.

Reply to
trader4

I think Evan should build a machine, to remove all the nitrogen from the air in his home. It's so unsafe. And might even be asphyxiant, too. Just think what could happen if someone breathed all that nitrogen?

.

[...]

Stormin Mormon

Evan might be elected office holder material? "Now, let me make myself perfectly clear."

Christ>> It indicates that you should not be the one examining such

I've noticed that our friend and neighbor Evan can come across as arrogant at times, perhaps he/she/it has some redeeming qualities? Let's see.... um, no, um, no, um,..... well there's got to be something. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

He has a point. If you get too close, you'll be breathing in that nitrogen. I read that every Alzheimer's patient has breathed in nitrogen. Must be a connection.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

He might have meant estrogen. Discharging estrogen into the air can have some rather odd results.

RicodJour

:

My mother, father and brother all died after breathing nitrogen. May have been bad reaction after exposure to DHMO.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Wow Every living "breathing" creature on this planet spends it's life breathing Nitrogen, day-in, day-out. But that's because Ntrogen is over 75% of the "air" we breathe

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Yeah, and did you ever notice everything dies? I think that's more than a coincidence.

RicodJour

Next, you'll tell us that we breathe the vapors of DHMO every day.

Go ahead. Make my day.

.

Every living "breathing" creature on this planet spends it's life breathing Nitrogen, day-in, day-out. But that's because Ntrogen is over 75% of the "air" we breathe

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hz is Eurospeak for cycles per second in USspeak ie the frequency of the Ac supply.

Ph=the number of phases the machine requires to run either 1 or 3.

Reply to
harryagain

OK Not only do you "breathe" vapors of DHMO, you also absorb it in nearly pure liquid form as well. And there's even a bunch of people who will sit in tubs full of DHMO, daily..

It should also be noted that DHMO is one of the most commonly used industrial solvent, cleaning agent and lubricant, among other things.

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Oh, that sounds terrible. But, tell me. Has anyone died from DHMO? Maybe we should have the government ban it, if it's that awful?

.

OK Not only do you "breathe" vapors of DHMO, you also absorb it in nearly pure liquid form as well. And there's even a bunch of people who will sit in tubs full of DHMO, daily..

It should also be noted that DHMO is one of the most commonly used industrial solvent, cleaning agent and lubricant, among other things.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Its a solvent? It must be regulated and covered under OSHA guidelines then. Solvents can be nasty to get on your skin.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you inhale it, you will die. Fumes are ok.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

In fact, it's the "universal solvent". Nasty stuff.

Reply to
krw

How bad can it be if you can wash out the contrainers with plain water?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I have been drinking it for all my life. Also bathing in it. I am still here. Google it for a hoax. WW

Reply to
WW

It's also used as a coolant in nuclear reactors, and it's a major component in acid rain.

Reply to
Zz Yzx