What does hz/ph mean?

Examining an evaporative cooler, I saw the following:

HZ/PH 60/1

Does anyone know what that means?

It is on the plate that identifies the model, current requirements, etc.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

60 hz, single phase.
Reply to
Me

Hz is 'Hertz' or what they used to call cycles per second.

PH is 'Phase'... or single phase in this case.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

It indicates that you should not be the one examining such equipment as the basics of electricity as far as frequency and power type is beyond your grasp...

Reply to
Evan

Still he can read and ask question. It seems this kind of good behaviour is beyond your grasp....

Reply to
Pin

Reply to
B. Terry

Right, Oh Clairvoyant One! I'm sure that you didn't have to read to learn...hmmm...that does explain a lot of your replies. :)~

What Steve B posted is technically termed a "brain fart". I'm sure he had the information but the retrieval system was slow in spinning up his hard drives. I could almost hear the palm hitting the forehead when he read the first reply. It happens.

RicodJour

Well Put. Steve B is a big contributor to this group, as well as asking polite questions and posting polite comments.

Reply to
hrhofmann

-snip-

I know *I* did. Smacked myself hard, too.

I think it is safe to assume that Steve has forgotten more things while sitting on a crapper on an offshore rig than Evan has learned so far in *his* meagre life.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Oh my god! Another "things I used to know" gone! What is the new term for 'hertz' now? I had to replace 'cycles' with 'hertz' back when that became standard. I hate haveing to learn new things at my age (I and Jesus went to different schools together).

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Might have improved, since I plonked him?

.

Steve B is a big contributor to this group, as well as asking polite questions and posting polite comments.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wow!. You deserve plonking way more than he does.

Reply to
Bob F

It is against EPA rules to allow any substance which was INSIDE the refrigerant circuits of an HVAC unit to be vented to the air, regardless of how safe or clean or non-hazardous you think they are -- they aren't and has to be recovered and disposed of properly... Just be the non-owner of a property working for someone else playing with stuff like this or lead paint removal or asbestos...

Perhaps you want to get caught and do time in a federal prison for environmental crimes but given how much the feds rely on mandatory minimum sentencing I would not recommend you discover how painfully brutal that process is...

Reply to
Evan

You keep saying this but have never posted any evidence that this is true. Given your posting history...

Any statements this loopy really need evidence. Come on, fork over or STFU.

Reply to
krw

Oh, gosh. What would happen if we *ALL* released nitrogen into the air?

.

Yeah, given some of the nonsense Evan has posted here, I agree. I still remember the time he insisted that it's illegal to discharge nitrogen from HVAC work into the atmosphere.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OMG, the CO2 concentration would plummet! We'd all *FREEZE*.

Reply to
krw

Just don't mix it with dihydrogen monoxide

Reply to
Top Poster II

The reaction would kill people for miles around. So true!

Hope no terrorists are reading this.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How do you think nitrogen should be disposed of?

The EPA laws are written for refrigerant and lubricant disposal. AC coils are brazed in the factory with an inert gas inside, usually nitrogen, to prevent oxidation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've noticed that our friend and neighbor Evan can come across as arrogant at times, perhaps he/she/it has some redeeming qualities? Let's see.... um, no, um, no, um,..... well there's got to be something. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas