What brand drill was used for this?

http://news.aol.com/health/article/household-drill-saves-boy/491045 OK, it was a moot question.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder what size bit he used.

I wonder what type of bit. I'd like an original pattern Forstner. A spade bit seems a little bit sketchy. ;)

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!
http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5
Red Green wrote:

'Course not. Australia uses metric. Had they used a 1/8" bit, the boy would grow up wearing dresses or experience some other evil result. They also had to drill on the wrong side of the head.

And they needed a left-handed drill bit.

Put the picture some place that DOESN'T require client-side scripts to be enabled.
This is a security risk.

Booting up a PC right out of the box is a security risk. Take a chance. Live a little.

You're unable to take any reasonable security measures? You can't use a router. You can't install security updates before connecting it to the internet. You must use Windows with those poor (insecure) defaults for some settings. You must open all executable email attachments. You have to allow all websites to do anything they want on your computer...

I've "lived a little" long ago. Now I want to live a lot.

Am I supposed to get into some discussion about other OS's vs Windows or something? Don't thay have NG's where people like to do that kind of stuff because I really don't give a rat's ass. Crimus, an expired HF catalog is more exciting.
"Red Green" wrote:

Looks like stock photo to me. Doubtful it's the actual one or even the same make/model/bit as the unit actually used.
Unless you have some corroborating information.
Jon
On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:11:45 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

I don't- but note that it appears to be the same drill & bit shown on one of the morning news shows- but from a different angle.
you could tell it was a Dewalt on the show I saw.
Jim

Just screen captures from the web news vid. For some chit-chat posting, I don't think I need "corroborating information". It's the Internet. Cooroborate Internet stuff with other Internet stuff? I mean how do I know you really posted what I'm replying to? How do you know I'm really posting this?

Dewalt XRP
Probably sterilized the drill bit with alcohol or iodine. Maybe if paramedics had a simple drill handly, they could've saved Natasha Richardson and others with rapid brain swelling. Just like having emergency defibrillators ready-to-go in public places. Seems like a basic, useful emergency procedure for those adequately trained to recognize obvious signs of brain swelling when there's not enough time to get to the hospital.