Westinghouse attic fan replacement cap

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------42CD3C49DD348F1262C6B52D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Hi
I'm looking for replacement cap for my Westinghouse attic fan. Unfortunately, I don't know the model number, but does anyone where I can find something like this? The fan housing is 15 inches in diameter. The old cap was made of plastic.
If not, what are my alternatives. I've searched all the hardware stores and no one carries replacement caps for my attic fan.
I may consider replacing the attic fan altogether. What are the best recommended brands for attic fans?
Thanks in advance
Dave
--------------42CD3C49DD348F1262C6B52D Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=UTF-8; name="dave.jung.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for David L Jung Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="dave.jung.vcf"
begin:vcard n:Jung;David L tel;fax:650 654-6214 tel;work:650 633-8506 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet: snipped-for-privacy@oracle.com fn:David L Jung end:vcard
--------------42CD3C49DD348F1262C6B52D--
What is "the cap"?
-- Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems Www.homeinspectionsystems.com

It's the fiberglass thingy that keeps the rain out.
Dennis J Sunday wrote:

I presume you mean mounted on the roof and not at the end of a gable. If you measure it you should be able to find a replacement similar in size, but you would probably have to add your own mounting hardware. If you can't find replacements then buy the cheapest fan you can that has a cap that will fit and use only the new cap. This all assumes that your current fan is working well and is has a quality motor.