Well part question - Check Valve?

The water line that comes from my deep well enters the house and connects to a copper part(s). I think it is a check valve. The check valve attaches to the black plastic water line with a cone shaped connector and a hose clamp. The parts are so corroded that I can't tell if it is one part or two. Can someone tell me the names of these parts?
I believe this is the check-valve.
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/well-tapped-footvalve.jpg
I will attempt to attach a picture.
Thanks,
nprlisner
Link to picture of corroded part.
http://mysite.verizon.net/kenmills1/images/checkvalve.jpg
nprlisner wrote:

Yep. Check valve with tappings for the pressure switch/snifter.
Your old one may or may not actually have the check valve inside since the submersible pump likely has a foot valve.
Is it the pipe plug on the right that is causing the discoloration due to leakage?
The brass valve body wouldn't be corroding. If so, I would rather replace the plug than disturb all that piping.
Jim

Hi Jim, Yes, I think the check-valve is "check-valveless". My well is 240 feet deep and am sure it has a foot valve. I think the leak is coming from the top plug. You make a good point not to disturb the plumbing. I will clean the check-valve and replace the plug first. I have to replace the pressure switch every other year because the switch gets clogged with rust, not cleanable.
Do you know if this check-valve is one part or is there a separate connector which attaches to the line? It looks like one part but it is hard to tell.
thanks for your advice,
--Ken
nprlisner wrote:

I believe that one is a single piece with the check buried inside (if there is one).
Jim

Most are 1 peice and if you have a good footvalve then you can run without it but if the foot goe's youi have a promblem as the water might and could drain

don't fear a good plumber, his work will outlast your shortcuts on that corrosion.