Well, I did it -- first time ever

Painted myself into a corner yesterday.

Painting floor of the front porch (staining, actually -- Cabot solid stain). Arranged my drop cloth, paint buckets, brush, roller, etc., etc., neatly on the steps, which are centered on the porch.

Stirred the paint with the stirrer on my drill, blocked my paint from can to can, wiped the dust out of the brush pail, wiped the dust out of the roller tray, cut in the edges with a 4-inch brush, filled up the roller tray, and started rolling the porch floor.

Rolled from one end to the other. Got about 3/4 of the way through, looked around, and wondered: "How and I getting off this porch -- I've painted past the stairs."

Fortunately, the porch is only two feet off the ground.

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

typical democrat

Reply to
Joe

Too bad you didn't paint the railing too.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Pay attention.

The porch floor is 24 inches off the ground. Code requires a railing if the porch floor is 30 inches or more off the ground.

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

I've seen plenty of porches with railings that are only three steps up. I've seen plenty of porches that were built before codes were in effect. I've seen porches where people have ignored code. I've seen approved porches where the building inspector ignored code. I've seen plenty of things - haven't seen your porch and nobody else here has either.

Your "anecdote" wasn't funny. Please try harder. Thanks.

RicodJour

The porch floor is 24 inches off the ground. Code requires a railing if the porch floor is 30 inches or more off the ground.

So there are no porches 24" off the ground with no railing?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I did that one time when I was a kid. It was memorable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon