Weird A/C Buzzing Sound

I have 2 zone central A/C in my home. I have forced hot air - A/C. When the upstairs zone comes on, there is a buzzing noise downstairs in the basement that vibrates up to the main floor. The buzzing seems to be coming from the main duct. It is not heard upstairs. (2nd floor) It is not coming from the air handler in the basement or any of the "what ever it is" that is in the attic. Anyone have any ideas? or Should I call a service guy pronto?

Where do your refrigerant lines (for the upstairs unit) run? Do they run in the general area you are hearing the buzzing noise?
On 6/9/2005 11:26 PM US(ET), Ed Hayes took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

If you have access to the ducts, you might look for a loose or disconnected hanger strap. The unsupported duct might be resting against a stud, joist, or other structural component.
--
Bill