Weil-McLain Ultra and direct sunlight

Hi,
I am looking into getting a Weil-Maclain Ultra boiler installed in my house, and the spot in my garage where I hope to put it is hit by driect sunlight from a window during late Fall and Early Winter (say October to March, more or less). I know some appliances carry warnings to keep them out of direct sunlight; is this also true of the Ultra? Thanks!
-
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:35:04 -0400, Michael Gallagher

YES! Never put it in direct sunlight and by all means........................PLEASE, NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, feed it after midnight! Bubba
Does the garage freeze if so dont put it there.

Some condensing boilers have built in freeze protection. I know the Lochinvar Knight boiler does.
To the OP: Shouldn't the installer know this and be concerned? after all, it's going to be his responsibility to warranty it and service it over the years.
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 07:24:06 -0400, "HeatMan"

I don't know if the Ultra has freeze protection, but as the garage is heated and well insulated, it shouldn't matter. In fact, I am also looking at reaplcing the current garage hater -- a hanging furnace that came with the house -- with a unit heater connected to the new boiler, so it will kind of take care of itself. :)
On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:46:13 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

No.
-