weed control

I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help control the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since I really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway. There are several products available @ amazon.com and I was wondering if anybody else has any experience with these or similar products
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
thanks, cj
Add pictures here
✖
On 3/25/2012 10:34 AM, cj wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Which chemicals are you using? For spot weed killing I've found chemicals like "Round-Up" work very well.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 25, 11:45 am, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

I've used a propane weed torch to burn off dead weeds in areas like stone beds AFTER killing them with Roundup/glyphsate. I've also used Roundup and some of the extended version weed killers in a crush stone driveway. Both work well and better than screwing around with the torch. With a torch you aren't killing the root, many will regrow, and you have to keep doing it every few weeks. For a driveway, the extended versions that prevents new growth for a few months is what I would generally use.
Add pictures here
✖
Red Green wrote:

I liked it better when it was called Triox, a quart would go a long, long way. Now a quart will make a gallon and doesn't *defoliate* like it use to. Still works , ya just have to buy and use more
Add pictures here
✖
On 3/25/2012 10:34 AM, cj wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
this is the one i just received. I'm looking forward to burning anything that gets in front of it.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Steve Barker
✖