Water Softeners, 1 Unit, 2 homes?

We re in the process of re-plumbing our home and adding a new Granny unit to the property.
The new Granny unit has a requirement for Fire Sprinklers and an 1 1/2" main line into the house that's fed by a 3/4hp pump.
It would be nice is we could soften the water to the entire granny unit and the existing home. The Existing home has an existing Softener that only has 3/4" feeds.
Do they make a Softener that can handle higher capacities? Or would I be better off getting 2 units, one for each home?
Thanks, Scott<-
That's weird. If the local regs are such that you need a separate main then bringing that line into your part of the house so it can go thru your softener seems like it would defeat the purpose.
A 1.5 " main seems pretty damn big. That's 4x a 3/4" main.
sprinklers need BIG lines!
If I were you I would have 2 seperate softners and dont bother softening the sprinkler feed, you probably arent allowed to anyway! It would decrease flow to fight a fire