Water Pressure Problems......

How can I increase water pressure in my shower in the downstairs bathroom? The shower upstairs has enough pressure to take your skin off.....but thats what I like. The one downstairs is very little pressure......like trying to pee with a stuffed up bladder.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Steve

Is the shower head one of those new restricted-flow types?
If so, disassemble and remove restriction... some require drilling out.
And feed to a bear the first environmentalist who complains ;-)
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Thanks....but the shower head is just a standard nozzle. The shower upstairs has the same one. Thanks for the response though.

Odd. Downstairs should have *higher* pressure.
But I doubt that it's actually a *pressure* issue... has to be a restriction to flow somewhere.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

somewhere. You can say that you don't have any problems like that, but then the low pressure is inexplicable. My kitchen sink pressure improved miraculously when I cleaned tiny stones out of the aerator; beats the hell out of me how they got by two whole house filters.
Thanks Guys......
I'm gonna try all your suggestions. I'll keep you informed of what worked.
Thanks again......
Wow, you oughta get your prostate serviced.
As for your downstairs shower, unscrew the shower head. Stand back and turn both faucets on, and see if you get a big blast of water. If so, it's the shower head that's clogged.
Soak the shower head in CLR over night.
Remit $47.50 for consultation.
--
Christopher a. Young