water meter

I had a water bill that was 7,000 gallons more than usual. No visible leaks, when i turned on the water it says i used 820 gallons in one hour.. The pressure is good and there is no visible water under the slab or under the manufactured home.. Ground is bone dry!! Any ideas? sounds like the meter is screwed up..
On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:44:01 +0000, Robert Brown

Neighbour hooking up to your outdoor tap ? Water softener stuck & flushing constantly ?
replying to hubops, Robert Brown wrote: No homeowner hook up, no sprinkler system. water usage normally 4,000 last month 11,000.. Again no water anywhere.;
On 9/22/2016 4:44 PM, Robert Brown wrote:

Could be the meter but do some testing. Turn off all faucets and check the meter. Give it some time if the meter seems to be stopped. If nothing happens, that means you don't have a leak.
What is the lowest reading you can see on the meter? Can you get a reading if you fill a 5 gallon pail once or twice? That could give you an idea of accuracy.
A leaking toilet can easily use up 7,000 gallons over time, 820 in an hour seems high though. Even a 5 gallon flush toilet would not use 164 flushes in an hour.
replying to Ed Pawlowski, Robert Brown wrote: Weird thing is sometimes t says it leaks a lot and sometimes a little when the water is one.. A shower, dishwasher and even a wash should not sue more than 50 gallons tops.. There is no sign of a leak anywhere, not by the water heater, washer, dishwasher, toilets, sinks or drips in the pipes. Bone dry under the house
replying to Robert Brown, Robert Brown wrote: 2 gallons in the sink equaled 18 gallons on the meter.. Spinning like a top.. When water is off it barely moves..
Robert,
" When water is off it barely moves" Why does it move when the water is off? Sounds like you have a leak. How are you turning the water off? Turn the water off at the main cut-off. You say the area is bone dry. That could mean that the leak is going down the drain. Turn off all of the sinks and toilets at their individual cut-off valves. Now look at the meter. Is it still BARELY moving or has it stopped? It's also possible to have a dripping toilet and a failed cut-off valve, et c. I think that you are going about this right but are losing confidence. Hang in there. My vote is a leaking toilet ballcock, if the faucets aren't dripping
Dave M.
On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 4:44:04 PM UTC-4, Robert Brown wrote:

Typical for HomeMoaners Hub. How are we supposed to know if you opened a bathroom sink faucet half way, a 1" spigot on the mainline all the way, or turned on the lawn sprinkler system?
Call your utility and complain. Document the problem with some home videos.
On 9/22/16 4:44 PM, Robert Brown wrote:

On a slab? My daughter had a situation where an errant stone in the cement rubbed against the line until it wore through. There was no indications anywhere until we got a leak guy out and he heard the water rushing. Lost a WHOLE bunch of water that way, too.