water leaking into patio- dont know where it is coming from

Hi, I have a 65 year old house... We have a patio and connected to the patio is a deck. We are seeing a lot of water leaking into the patio--- looks like it is coming from under the door. Door has been caulked .
On top of the patio we have a flat roof- I have seen water staying in the gutters as there is no angle pitching down. I suppose the water could be falling from the roof behind the windows and then seeping into the patio. It also looks like- from looking at the floor in the patio that the water may be coming from the ground.
MY question.. As I can not pinpoint exactly where the water is coming into the house what is the best thing to do to solve this? who to call? Would a home inspector be able to find where the water is coming? I dont know who to call to start with this problem. Anyl advice please KOS
alt.home.repair:

I would start with a handyman, but that's a prejudiced opinion, since that's what I do.
You mentioned several things that could contribute to the problem. If'n it was me, I'd put different colors of food coloring in different places, then see what color water shows up on the patio floor. There's no guarantee this will work, but it's cheap and easy. Few people object to cheap and easy. You can also try spraying the hose on different areas.
Once you track down the source, you'll have a better idea whether you need a roofer, landscaper, carpenter, .... Or you can just have the handyman do the work, if he's capable.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement