Water leaking from, shower stall

Scenario: I have a shower stall raised a few inches off of the slabbed concrete floor. the stall is tiled. a leak has developed along the bottom of the stall. I guess it could be either from the pipes leading up to the shower faucet/head or it could be at the drain. the edges of the stall are all well caulked so I'm, not wottied about a leak there.
I'm, planning on letting things dry out then pouring water into the drain to see if the leak is there. If no leak there, it would indicate a leak in the pipes and I will have to cut a hole into the drywall behind the stall. Does this sound like a decent plan?
Thanks Phil
That plan sounds right. If it turns out to be the caulk, try GE Silicone II sealant. I had a problem with water leaking through what appeared to be normal-caulk in the shower stall. Kept re-caulking it with the cheap stuff but it still leaked until I went with the silicone.

Capri wrote:

Could be a crack or hole in the pan. Sometimes this takes months to notice after the shower is built. In my case, apparently after pan was installed, other craftsman walked on it before cement base and tiles were added. If this is new construction, get back to your builder. Frank
Capri wrote:

Am trying to picture this stall. I am guessing that you have a sliding glass or swing out glass door to enter into it? Not stated whether or not it might be in the area on entrance. Is it possible that it might be leaking from the door itself; its seal? Might want to check this first before ripping up the drywall. Good luck.