Washing Machine Valves

I agree. I used "boiler valves" that they sell. It's the same thing.

Reply to
Mikepier

I wouldn't think it would matter as long as the size of the valve inlet matched your existing supply pipes.

S1

Reply to
Savvy 1

The existing control valves are leaking and I want to replace them (32 yrs old).

Home Depot sells valves named "washing machine valve". The have the typical washer at end of cylinder that travels.

I dont know if these are gate valves or ball valves or whatever.

Which type should I use as a replacement?

Thanks.

Reply to
Vince

Sounds like you're describing a gate valve. I would find a washing machine valve that uses ball valves. With these you can turn off both the hot and cold water source with a quarter turn of the valve lever. And you should always turn off the water when done washing. The solenoid mix valves in washing machines are prone to failure (usually when you've left the house for a long weekend) and can open up and flood the house even though the machine is turned off. That's to say nothing about the hoses bursting sometimes, also. I've sold washers for over 25 years and I believe that all instruction manuals still caution you to turn off the water. You'll never get in the habit of turning off the water if you have to crank down two gate valves each time. Tom.

Reply to
Tom