washing machine shakes violently when loaded with linens

Hello, We don't know why this is happening, but our whirpool front loading machine shakes violently when loaded with linens. With other types of garments, there is not much shaking.
Any clues? Thank you,

Uneven load. Linens are big, perhaps you are not distributing them evenly. -Jen
On 30 Aug 2004 13:40:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ragingbull.com (curious) wrote:

Unbalanced load. Redistribute the contents, or take them to the laundry mat to wash them in a larger machine. Do not allow your machine to shake too much.
Phisherman wrote:

problem recently with an old Maytag... nothing I did would stop the shaking. Even used a Level... any clothes would shake. I finally figured out that there must be worn-out dampening springs, etc. inside that are supposed to limit the shakes... and sure enough, a new washer in the same place doesn't do it. Maybe it's just time to get a new one? (My old Maytag WAS 20+ years old). Worked for me.