Washing machine shakes

Maytag machine shakes bad. I noticed a ring of what appeared to be ground up pastic powder under the center of the machine when i tilted it back. Is the "ground" up pastic related to the shaking? maybe something has worn out? any ideas? thanks. Bill
has it always? did you buy it new? Perhaps it is a shipping bracket that should have been removed and is disentagrating.

Make sure all the levelling legs are all level n the ground. Mine had one mounting nut weld fractured and therefore loose. The solution was to drill a new hole on the washer cabinet flange next to the old mount and use two nuts to secure the repositioned levelling leg. Worked great for over 15 years now.

Our Kenmore has some kind of tension spring that helps damp oscillations. I have had to remount it twice now. The springis may have broken, or broken out of the mount on the frame. You will have to disassemble to see if it is hanging free.
Mike1975 had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Washing-machine-shakes-268876-.htm : You could also use some kind of rubber or soft pad under each of the feet to reduce the transfer of vibration to the floor. My washer vibrated and I could hear it from just about any room in my home until I installed a product called Silent Feet. They are special rubberized vibration isolating pads that fit under each of the washer's feet and stop vibration transfer and noise. I got my Silent Feet from Amazon.com but you can also find them at www.vibrationsolution.com/onlinestore.html
-Mike

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 320832 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##