Washing hardwood floors

What's the best way to wash hardwood floors? Thanks.

I've always used Murphy's Oil Soap in warm water.
Brian
diablo wrote:

I second the Murphy's for floors ... and fwiw, I just used it yesterday to clean up an old cedar chest ... I'm in the middle of painting and therefore also cleaning up the floors, other stuff.
bowgus wrote:

Murphy's. If there are black scuffs, mineral spirits (test in out of the way spot) should take it off. Takes off crayola, too.

Need to rinse thoroughly with clear water?
<aspasia> wrote in message >>>>

I don't I sponge the floor dry. Murphy's dries streak free and with out clouding.
Brian

depending on your flooring using Murphy's may void the warranty i.e. http://www.guysfloor.com/info.htm http://www.jfloor.com/Install.htm
Remi wrote:

Acetone does a good job on Pergo and other synthetic hardwood.
Stubby wrote:

Stubby wrote:

Hopefully no one will believe you and ruin the floor.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Not true. If you go to Home Depot or Pergo.com you will find acetone listed as the preferred cleaner. Get Pergo to send you their cleaning brochure.

Ummm, Acetone should eat through the plastic. I would not try this unless I saw someone else do it first, or something.
On 22 Jan 2007 06:19:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Acetone is listed ONLY for removal of small spots of specific types. It is NOT preferred for anything. There are even precautions for it's use for spot removal.
CWM

The guy that refinished my hardwood about ten yrs ago recommended vinegar and warm water. its been working well and the finish still looks good, cheap too.
YMMV
Andrew

Elbow grease?
-- Oren