Warping in bamboo floor planks

I just took delivery of 600 sq ft of 5/8" bamboo flooring and on unpacking it about 50% is warped.

The planks are about 3ft long and they're warped by up to 1" along their length. The suppliers claim this is normal and that they'll be fine once they're nailed into place. I'm not so sure that even if it does install OK I won't find it lifting in a year's time.

Does anyone have experience or data on what's an acceptable amount for the planks to be warped by?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Take it back.

Reply to
Sherman

If the people you bought it from directly aren't the same as the people who's name is on the label, try calling the latter to ask.

Reply to
Goedjn

I just put down 400 sq. ft. of 6' bamboo. It was all perfect. No way I'd risk any warped 3' pieces. That's one of the advantages of bamboo; it's *perfect*. Send it back.

Reply to
keith

ask them if they will put it in writing and warranty the warped boards will lay flat and if the board do stay warped or warp again in 6 mos they will replace the floor material and labor?

Wayne

keith wrote:

Reply to
wayne

They'll likely just blame the installation.

Reply to
keith