Wall tiles on floor?

I have heard various answers to this question: Should 6"x6" 8.0 mm ceramic wall tiles be used on a bathroom floor? Can anyone answer this with quantifiable results to back it up? The tiles I'm looking at have a "rough" texture (not slick).
Thanks, Greg
Depends on the hardiness of the tile, not the size. Offhand if the tile is advertised as a wall tile, I would not use it on the floor.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The "quantifiable results" you're looking for can simply be the wear rating on the tile. http://www.floorbiz.com/tile/rating-ceramic-tile.htm
I have done this. I have set a good amount of tile and thought with a superior installation (mud) I could get away with using wall tiles on the floor. Wrong, lasted about 4 years and stress cracks started developing on the surface. They have never cracked though or chipped but have noticeable hairline cracks in them in the wear areas. Guess that is why they call them wall tiles.

Hmm. This box of tiles says "PEI IV". I guess that's OK for bathroom floors according to the link you suggested. Thanks for the input.
Anyone else have any experience with wall tiles on floors?
jeffc wrote:

Plenty good. If the wear rating is there, there is really no difference between wall tile and floor tile. It's just marketing or intended use based on the look of the tile at that point.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Won't wall tiles be exceedingly slippery? Wouldn't that encourage "I've fallen and can't get up!" problems?
There's LOTS of HARD things in the toilet to bang against (including, evidently, floor tiles).

As he said, they're not slick. Some wall tiles are, some aren't. But if they're rated for floor use, it's hard to know if they were designed for walls but can also be used for floors, or were designed for floors and can also be used on walls.