Vinyl gutters or aluminum?

I'll be installing them myself on my garage. In Minnesota.
Thanks, regards, Bob
I put in vinyl gutters once or maybe twice on 2 different houses. They are NOT cheap if they are the ones I bought. The gutter is cheap but all the special connectors really add up. Then you have to leave expansion room. I bet when I was done I could have had nice seamless aluminum gutters installed by a pro and it would have looked better. The vinyl ones I had were also ugly.

I installed vinyl gutters up here in far northern Minnesota. After a couple of years they bowed, cracked, disconnected and looked awful. I tore them off and replaced them with seamless aluminum on my house and garage. They have been up for 4 years and still look great.
I would never go back to vinyl
Wayne
zxcvbob wrote:

wegge wrote:

Vinyl anything is just El Cheapo stuff including sidings. Tony
Please tell me what would be a better alternative to vinyl siding. I thought that was the only type available. Thanks. S
Sis wrote:

There are a number of different siding materials in use today. Vinyl I would believe is the most popular, especially in new homes as it is cheap and most buyers like it, at least until they have lived with it. Note: that does not mean it is all bad, just that I believe many buyers of homes or siding don't fully understand what they are getting.
Also available are a number of wood products, both natural and manufactured both available in a number of styles and qualities, fiber cement, masonry and stucco type products.
My home, built ten year ago has vinyl, wood and brick.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I have aluminum gutters and a vinyl house. I'd pick the highest quality I could find, provided that I live there for several years. Seamless is a must.
Phisherman wrote:

I've decided to go with aluminum, and now I gotta figure out how to safely carry a 16' section in my pickup. A 16' and a 10' will let me do the garage with just one seam, whereas three 10' sections would need 2 seams. I think I can tie it to the stake holes in the back and duct tape it the driver's side mirrors and hold it (wearing a leather glove) while I drive.
If I redo the gutters on the house, I'll get seamless installed. The current gutters have a seam right over the front door. Also, they were installed with spikes instead of screws or hangers, and some of the spikes are pulling loose and saggings.
-Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

I found steel gutters at Home Depot and decided to go with that. I thought they were aluminum because they're the same brand and look identical to the aluminum ones sold at Menards.
The aluminum was just too flimsy; the first little hail storm would beat them to pieces. I'm sure leaning a ladder against them would bend them. Every single 16' piece of aluminum gutters at Menards was bent or creased or dented just from stacking them in the rack. I'm really glad Menards didn't have the seamers I needed, so I had to go to HD for them.
The trick is gonna be cutting them straight and smooth enough. I'm gonna use vinyl for the downspout.
Best regards, Bob