Venting question

I'm putting in a basement apartment. I have to vent my Bathroom Fan, Dryer and Kitchen Range. Dyer is vented on it's own. I am wondering if I can run the Bathroom fan and the kitchen range out the same vent? I'm wondering cause I'm running out of room and it's very hard to get at to attch the ducting on the vent.

Thanks. Steve

Reply to
SteveC

Lint added to the moisture and grease will muck up the pipe.

Reply to
HeyBub

You can't, and you really wouldn't want to

Reply to
RBM

No. The dryer must have its own vent. The bathroom fan must have its own vent. And the kitchen range vent is optional but must have its own vent too!

Reply to
Phisherman

No. Besides do you want your bath towels to smell like last nights dinner?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Seems to me you need to head for City Hall and talk to the code compliance people there about what is required in basement apartments. You obviously haven't done that or you wouldn't be posting your question. Other safety issues may have to be addressed, like egress windows and such. Best get all your ducks in a row before you wind up afoul of the building codes and wasting a lot of money redoing the mistakes. Good information =3D good results. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

on 3/6/2008 3:49 PM SteveC said the following:

If there are zoning laws where you live and your plot is in a single family residence zone, you cannot add a fully functional apartment to the house unless it is a mother-daughter house and the tenant is related to the family. But that will remain for the life of he house. You cannot rent to a family member for two months and then rent to a non-family member. The fine could be hefty, in addition to the cost of the demolition of the apartment to be in compliance. You had better find that out before starting construction. .

Reply to
willshak

I managed to get the three different ones vented on their own. So no issue anymore. Thanks, Steve

Reply to
SteveC