Venting a dryer - how to?

At the back bottom of my dryer, there's an outlet that's about 4" in diameter. How do I vent that to the out of doors to keep the lint from accumulating in the room? Thanks, Gail
P. Gail Chesler wrote:

In general you connect it to an pipe that leads outside. Since how to do that depends greatly on what you have in your home, where the dryer is etc. it is not an easy question to answer in a newsgroup. If you have your dryer in a space where there is already a pipe to connect it to, then a visit to the DIY store and a quick talk to someone there should get you fixed up. (Note: solid metal pipe is much more efficient and safer than the flexible pipe). However if you don't already have a vent in your home, then it suddenly becomes far more complex.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Sorry. Stupid question - I did a little more homework and now I just need to figure out how to configure the vent to get outside with as few bends as possible - think I'll try to go through the wall, rather than the roof.
On Sun, 29 May 2005 01:48:13 -0700, P. Gail Chesler

P. Gail Chesler wrote:

Hi,
Good! :)
Something that may help... http://tinyurl.com/bw256
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

It's a bit scary that he even mentioned going through the roof though. I hope the wall is not a poured cement wall as that might be tough on the chisel. And apparently he has tryed to used the dryer with no outside venting before the lint accumulated in the room (and his lungs). My advice is to do lots of research before attemting any new projects.