Vapor barrier between rooms?

I'm adding a bathroom to the side of an existing studio. It is actually a partitioned-off portion of an uninsulated garage beside the studio. The studio has fiberglass insulation, plastic vapor barrier and drywall on that side. Should I remove the plastic between the old room and the new bathroom? Or should I just put a new vapor barrier on the bath side. I know the moisture has to escape somehow, but this common wall is about 9 feet long, with a door in the middle. We are in the damp Pacific NW.
JK
JK wrote:

No need to remove it. It will even make things a little quieter.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
It's the plastic I'm wondering about.
JK wrote:

I was considering that. Don't worry about it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Poke holes in it.

JK wrote:

In the first place, the PN is not that damp unless you are living on the coast, especially on the Olympic Peninsula.
Second, leave the plastic barrier alone! You should put an exhaust fan that blows up through the roof, or out the side. But even if you have no fan, just leave the door open between the bathroom and the studio. That wouldn't work in the southeast, but it will work fine if you are not directly on the coast.
Yup, I'm putting a fan in the bathroom, a super quiet 90 cubic ft/m. And yup, we're at sea level, the Gulf Islands to be exact. Sometimes we get fog so thick you can't find the driveway.
JK
JK wrote:

You have no problems with a fan in the bathroom. You about lost me with "Gulf Islands." Thought you were in the U.S., guess it is Canada. Nice place to live
Sorry, we even call it the Gulf of Georgia, nowhere near the Gulf or Georgia from a southern boy's perspective, eh? It's the northwesternmost edge of civilization, pretty much bush from here to Alaska. Expensive and getting worse, due to trucking of everything from soup to nuts, not much farmland, no fish left.