Vacuum question

Page 2 of 2
On 12/19/2013 8:50 PM, SteveB wrote:

The corrugated shop vac hose will really make a mess of air flow. If you could splice in some smooth PVC tubing of the same diameter, you'd get a lot better air flow. I've not actually tried that application, but I doubt that shop vac hose will work, that far out.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/19/13 7:50 PM, SteveB wrote:

We have inverters on our service pickups. We just use them to run hammer drills and impact wrenches. They probably wouldn't handle your vac. Would it be practical to have a portable generator? Maybe you could justify it for work (tax deduction) and as a backup for home use.