Using Thinset to fill Drywall holes?

I have both organic Mastic and premixed Thinset left over from the tile job I did on a bathroom shower. Can I use the remains of either of these to patch and fill holes in the drywall (not cement board) above the tile? It seems to spread like regular joint compound......just wondering if it sands well when it dries and is "paintable".
I imagine it will be very hard to sand.
No, you won't be able to sand it smooth.
On 4 Nov 2005 09:31:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm wrote:

You could invest 3 or $4 in a gallon of drywall mud. And then you'd have some of that left over too!