Updating indoor parts of 10 Seer AC unit

2 years ago I got a brand new Carrier 10 Seer AC on the roof.
Now, the furnace and evaporator is at the end of its life so it needs to be replaced.
But I heard that according to the new law since 2006 only 13 Seer and above are available.
Does that mean I have to get rid of this almost new AC condenser and change out everything for 13 Seer or above?
Or can I just change out the interior components with 13 Seer equipment, will that work with my existing 10 Seer Carrier? I think it's 2 ton.
No, you will not have to replace your condenser. A new furnace and evaporator should work fine with it.
That is good news! Can I mix and match brands, for example use Trane coil, air handler, and furnace with the Carrier condenser? In other words can I use "just about any" indoor equipment bundle with the 10 Seer rooftop AC unit? Is is mostly the indoor portion that affects the efficiency the most?

the outside unit largely sets efficency. new outer uits are much physiically larger

thanks... now, that's what I'd really like to find out. If I use my existing 10 Seer condenser with a 15 Seer indoor coil, should I expect to get somewhere closer to 11 Seer, or 14 Seer, or somewhere in-betwen when I mix & match like this?

15 years ago I put in 14 seer, keep your old unit, a new 16 seer would cut your electric in half.
scorpionleather wrote:

You will be OK but I would recommend that you have an expansion valve in the new evaorator coil.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

OP may not get good warranty using existing parts. I would price both ways and decide then

What would the expansion valve do in this mixed configuration?