two prong outlet

Oh, yeah.

No wonder it hurts to type.

Reply to
mm

Two points.

1) IF THERE IS ANY GROUND AT ALL IN THE BOX! Or, as suggested run a new 'grounded' cable to that or an appropriate outlet.

2) If, by testing, someone determines there is a good ground at the outlet, there were, possibly still are? adapters that plug into the two prongs. We have one somewhere but it's so long since we ran into any two prong outlets not sure where it is. The adapter has three prongs on it outer side into which an item that should be grounded is plugged. The ground for the adaptor's third pin being provided via a short green wire to be secured under the screw holding on the duplex outlet cover plate. That cover screw is normally and automatically (in most cases) connected via the construction and mounting of most duplex outlets to the grounded metal wall box. Provided the box IS grounded!

Reply to
terry