Two grout questions

1) I regrouted a section in my bathroom with sanded grout, since the gaps are about 1/4 to 3/8 inch with 12 inch tiles. I waited the full 2 weeks for grout curing, and then sealed with silicone based sealant recommended for use on glazed tile (which this is). However the grout still changes color when it gets wet, which none of the other grout does. I thought the sealant would protect against this. Am I wrong or do I need another kind of sealant, or just more applications of the same?
2) The corner grout where the bath tile (4" tiles) meets the floor tile (12" tiles) is cracking. Can I tear this up and caulk this corner joint instead, or if I need to regrout do I use sanded or unsanded?
Thanks,
I am re-building my bath and have got all questions answered at johnbridge.com..............give it a try costs nothing
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The sealer I used on our tile installation in '01 recommended two coats, which I applied. The second sunk in only sporadically, which the label had advised because most of the grout was already sealed by the first application. What does your label say? Did you do two appl.?
As for corners, I understand that caulk is used in corners due to the same problem you have - corners flex and crack grout, so flexible caulk is needed. Dremel has a handy accessory for grinding out grout.

I tried sealing several times - 4 at this point, and the grout still changes colors when it gets wet. I don't get it, perhaps the silicone based sealant isn't that good for sanded grout. I'm going to try an epoxy based sealer next. stay tuned.