Turnbuckle

How much distance should I allow so I can use a turnbuckle to stretch the ends of a wire rope taut? (Each end of the cable is looped with wire-rope clamps).

pe clamps).
That would seem to depend on the size of the turnbuckle. They come in sizes from teensie weensie to huge.
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:14:34 PM UTC-4, gary wrote:

Usually you get the cable as tight as you can assembling it with the turnbuckle expanded. Then tighten the turnbuckle until you have the tautness you desire.
Turnbuckle:

Extend the turnbuckle to about 90% if it's length. Then pull the wire rope as taught as you can by hand and clamp.

On 05/02/2013 01:14 PM, gary wrote:

wire-rope clamps).
How long is a piece of string?
Jon
On 5/3/13 12:51 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

A rhetorical question, wasn't it.

Just barely long enough to reach from one end to the other.