TuckPointing on chimney

My chimney may need some tuckpointing work to replace some motar that has cracked a bit and has opened a crack about 1/16 to 1/8 inch, actually I dont there there are any cracks as big as 1/8 inch, and the extent of the cracking is mayby one crack all the way around the chimney top about a couple bricks from the top.
On the other hand, I just finished filling some cracks on some brick in the front of my house with crack sealer by UGL and it matches so nicely with the mortar that it is very difficult to see where the caulking has been applied. Here is the question, can I just use this UGL caulking on the chimney for a good long lasting repair instead of doing the tuck pointing? I want to try to get this done this weekend if the weather is nice here in Ohio.
Thanks, Fish.
No, do it the right way with mortar, caulk will hold moisture in causing possibly extensive damage with freezing and expanding of the water.

The caulk will peel out eventually.