Treating well with chlorine in house with soft water system

My well water smells. Although I'm having it tested, I believe it's choliform contamination, so I'm going to treat the well with bleach. I'm going to follow the procedures here:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hecs-sesc/water/factsheets/treatment_guide.htm
However, do I bypass the soft water system during treatment, or do I let the treated water go through the softwater system?
Thanks!
--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

I don't think it matters. Softener systems handle small amounts of chlorine in normal operation (salt ions) anyway.
It's probably best to keep it in-circuit, just in case you're growing something in the softener too.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

I thought so, too, but just wanted to see if there were any "I did that and my softwater system melted!" opinions. (Which of course I'd take with a grain of salt.) Thank you!
--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply