Tool apprasal

I need to get a bunch of "general contractor" tools I want to purchase appraised. Can anyone give me an idea where I'd start looking for someone to do this? I'm in Ontario if it makes a difference.
ebay

Get brand and model numbers and check to see what new price is. In good shape figure 50% of new. In great shape, add a bit, if rough, subtract allot! Greg

What does 'allot' mean?
For the life of me I couldn't have imagined an email war starting over such a simple topic. I'm looking at buying a ton of tools from a local Rental shop that is going out of business, after looking at his prices a lot of his items are priced way to high. This I know from the items I already own, however it's the other items that I'm not sure about a price on (Sand blaster, Bob Cat Skid steer, SOD cutter etc...)

HotRod wrote:

Not so surprising when you didn't give full information in your first post. There is no one on a newsgroup that can help you price a rental place's tool inventory without looking at the tools and checking the condition.
I realize that but I was hoping someone could help me find someone or somewhere that could get me the help I need.
HotRod wrote:

You have need or just wish?
If the latter, just make an offer of what you want to part with or make a package deal offer.
Evaluating used stuff is tough--particularly rental stuff is often severely abused owing to the "not mine" mentality of renters combined w/ a lot of it used by unpracticed folks. I'd discount pretty heavily anything that isn't obviously pretty new unless it were something I really <needed> and it seemed a reasonable deal.
In general, I use more of a "what feels right" approach than hard and fast numbers. Most metro areas are large enough that there will be most types of equipment listed in classifieds and there are I assume, the various free or nearly free equipment and car/truck advertising services to check. Also, there are online used equipment outfits as well as the ubiquitous eBay, of course.
HotRod, the helpful suggestion that I saw was to use ebay. It is a real marketplace with no middlemen, where prices are voluntary. That's why I always consider ebay prices to be "fair prices" and try to buy things at below that price.

I still hold to my advice, but now that it is rental tools I would offer lower price than if from a private seller. Most rental tools I have seen are pretty well used and abused! Visual condition will tell allot. Looks like new? 1/2 of new price, as the condition drops value drops to zero fast! Also how bad you want the stuff will affect the price. Greg
I would not buy anything from a rental outfit. They know much better both the values of tools as well as their condition. Thusly the buyer is at an informational disadvantage. I would not even bother talking to them.

www.google.com and then click the link for Froogle.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.