Toliet question

The toilet in the guest room does a strange thing. When you flush it no water runs into the tank. Then after about 3-5 minutes the water starts running and the tank fills up. I have turned the shut off valve off and on several times and it makes no deference. The tank is connected to the supply line via a flexible connection. It is not crimped and when I take it off the water flows fine out of the supply line. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Happy New Year.

supply
the
Happy
It sounds like the float mechanism may be sticking. Have you tried removing the top of the tank and lifting the float?
--
Mark
Pepperell, MA

on
removing

imho:
Going to ask the question to help confirm it, Do you have a lowering water level(after you shut off the supply)? Might have a leaky flapper. If so, attack that. By cleaning it, or replacing it.
hth,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
No

on
supply
the
Happy
Evon wrote:

<SNIP>
Very common problem with FluidMaster ballcocks: Look like this? http://www.fluidmaster.com/usa.html
If so, shut off the water. Twist the black cap on top 1/4 turn and it will pop off. Replace the rubber "seal" washer inside. The part is readily available.
Jim
Bingo - This sound like the solution, did every thing but this. Thanks have a happy New Year.