Toilet Problems/Questions

I'm a complete illiterate when it comes to fixing things. My husband isn't much better than I :-)

We bought a brand new home 7 years ago and have had a few problems over the years with clogged toilets from time to time;nothing that a plunger couldn't fix. As the years have passed, we now have ongoing clogging issues with all 3 toilets; one downstairs and two upstairs. I bought a snake before calling plumber to see if that mighth help; but it didn't.

I called a plumber. For 150 dollars he told me that we have 3 cheap toilets and he'll unclog them and they're guaranteed for a week. Yep,

7 flippin days for 150 bucks. What a deal. One of them clogged in two days and the guy returned. Now all 3 keep clogging and our plunger travels from bathroom to bathroom several times a week. He suggested that we need new toilets.

Here comes the questions: Is it possible that we need 3 new toilets or is likely that something else is going on? Is it hard for inexperienced people like my husband and I to install new toilets (the going rate seems to be about 150 per toilet for installation? Does one have to spend 500 dollars on a freakin toilet to have it not clog? Does it make sense to have all 3 done at once or should we start with one and see if the problem gets solved and then do the other two? Or if we get someone to come out and install one, would it be cheaper to have all 3 done?

We don't have a few thousand dollars sitting around to get this done and I want to make the wisest choice possible. I looked at Lowes.com and homedepot.com and the amount of toilets available for purchase are just too overwhelming for me. I can barely choose between paper or plastic at the grocery store. I have some challenging health issues going on in my life and just can't be bothered with this "shit", so to speak :-)

Any ideas, suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

Reply to
help!

There are a lot of posts to this newsgroup about stuffed toilets. I'd read a lot of them iiwere you. Go to groups.google.com and then to Advanced Search. Put in the name of this ng in the ng field an d clogged toilet should be good search terms for one of the word fields, iirc.

What do you gain by putting the word in quotes? It's just as vulgar as it was before.

Reply to
mm

It's a play on words aka a double entendre. Sorry if you think the word "shit" is vulgar. Next time I'll write "doo doo" for you. Lighten up.

Reply to
help!

Some people have this very strange idea that the word you use for something has some effect on that thing. Words are nothing but communication codes (supposedly with agreed-on interpretations) and have no effect at all themselves.

Among other things, "bathroom tissue", "toilet paper", and "asshole wipers" are all exactly the same thing.

Reply to
unknown