Timers for electric range top burners ???

Page 2 of 2
http://www.burneralert.com/simulator.html This is the best solution I have seen for this problem. It sends a beeping noise every few minutes to remind you the burner is still on. My microwave has a similar reminder that I have left something in there after it finishe d cooking that I find very helpful. This would probably be just as effectiv e. You put them on your burner knobs. If you leave a knob without one if yo u want to cook something for a long time you can choose to do that on a bur ner you find you don't use often like the one the tea kettle is on. I leave the kettle on that one most of the time in case I turn that burner on by a ccident which would make the kettle whistle after a time. If I'm going to k eep something on the burner on very low like when cooking beans I set a tim er. After I left eggs boiling on the stove and came back to eggs exploding all over the place when the water boiled out i don't trust myself. I mean, who wants to stand over the burner doing nothing for 15 minutes? Okay, blam e the ADD but luckily there now is a solution for people like me. This is v ery late but I think the things only came out recently.
On Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:25:51 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

g noise every few minutes to remind you the burner is still on. My microwav e has a similar reminder that I have left something in there after it finis hed cooking that I find very helpful.
I find that beeping on a microwave very annoying. Can't say I've ever had a problem forgetting something in the microwave after it's cooked. But the beeping every few minutes, while I'm trying to do something else, talking to someone, now that's annoying.
And the burneralert thing is even dumber. Who wants the stove beeping every 3 mins while it's on? Turn on 3 burners and it must really be something. They aren't synchronized so you'd have beeping almost all the time.
The website sucks too. Have to sit through 1 min of BS video before it even shows what it is and what it does.
On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 08:22:21 -0800 (PST), trader_4

Handy when cooking SPAM
On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 07:25:46 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I just put a 30 minute spring wound timer on my old cooktop when my daughter was learning to cook. It only controlled the front two burners but those were the ones she used. It solved the problem. Now my father in law wants one but it is not as easy with a glass top. My old one was metal with spiral burners. I just drilled a hole and put it in front of the line of controls.