Tiling over bad concrete subfloor

Hi,
I wanted to lay tile over my concrete subfloor. However, when I removed the parquet tiles, I sill a lot of glue and remenants of other adhesive that was used to with the previous top floor. I need some advice on the following:
. Are there some products I could use to clean this messey sub floor?
. Can I just install backeborard over a layer of thin set ? Does this have to be nailed to the concrete subfloor? If so, what is the best way to do this? Thanks,
--Mahesh

Namaste
Just make sure your tile bed is a flat as possible; backerboard does that. TapCon brand screws I have found are the best for screwing into concrete. You have to drill a hole first, but they work great.
As for your glue, scrape off any real high spots, or sand off, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
I used a Jasco Adhesive stripper and a scarper. Did a pretty good job. Some of the glue is in the concrete pores I think, and that I don't plan to do anthing about. The floor is very flat so I think I should be good to start tiling over thinset. Thanks,
--Mahesh
message