This time it's not the HOA

"[TOLEDO, Ohio] Some people in Ohio complain they received $25 parking tickets last week when their vehicles were parked in their own driveways.
"[The mayor] defends the citations, saying they were issued under a city law against parking on unpaved surfaces -- including gravel driveways."
It's not about money - it's for the children.
http://www.wtte28.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.oh/33babf9c-www.wtte28.com.shtml
Add pictures here
āœ–

They are not parking on their driveways at all. They are parking on their lawns, ghetto style.
Add pictures here
āœ–
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Here are nine news references, none mention parking on lawns. Do you have another source?
http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&ncl Žs_F83fFq3ljAMkJruchRrDp1knM&cf=all
Add pictures here
āœ–

Allow me....
If I understand snipped-for-privacy@dog.com correctly, he is implying:
- Ghetto lawns are typically not well manicured - A ghetto "lawn" might well be a patch of gravel
I could be wrong, but...
Add pictures here
āœ–
correctly, he is implying:
- Ghetto lawns are typically not well manicured - A ghetto "lawn" might well be a patch of gravel
I could be wrong, but...
Sadly, you are wrong. I was watching HLN while I had lunch today and they showed one case where the gravel driveway went all the way up until the car was parked parallel to the house and perpendicular to the street and a couple of car lengths from the street.
Charlie
Add pictures here
āœ–

Our town prohibits parking on an impervious surface anywhere on the property. Yet, they throw down tiny stones to "pave" the streets.
Add pictures here
āœ–

The government is clearly out of control. What business is it if theirs where I park on my property? There are plenty of environmental organizations that will expound on the evils of paved surfaces and even the whole concept of a lawn. It would be just as easy to have a government say you CAN'T have a paved driveway (like Sanibel Fl) or a lawn (places with water restrictions).
Add pictures here
āœ–