They're not called Peacocks anymore

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl. This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from the word """COCK"""!!!!!

Reply to
fieldgoal

They were always peafowls, but the males are still called peacocks and females peahens.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

You mean I=92m going to have to say ballfowl from now on?

Reply to
recyclebinned

I've reported you for using that word

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Right. The government employees who run the zoo mislabeled them in the first place, some 60-odd years ago. When this was pointed out, the required modification simply took a while to percolate up to a decision maker then back down to the sign-making division.

Reply to
HeyBub

They have always been called peafowl. Peacocks are male, peahens female- city boys. RT

Reply to
RT

I'll remember that the next time I go to the c*ck fights.... Believe, a lot of Mexicans are going to be laughing their burros off ... :>))))))

Reply to
Robert

wrote

I doubt that. The word "peacock" refers to the male bird and "peahen" refers to the female bird. If you had half a brain you could have looked it up FIRST:

David Kaye

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl. This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from the word """COCK"""!!!!!

So now when a rooster crows does he Foul a doddle do ????? WW

Reply to
WW

Peafowl can be either Peacocks or Peahens

Reply to
clare

The mistake is understandable. Peafowl are from India and not native to Central Bumfuck. Apparently they have to go to the zoo to see peafowl, wherever he lives.

Reply to
Larry

e says... > > On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 22:23:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@AO1.com wrote: =

The more colorful peacock is generally used as an illustration, hence one g= enerally thinks of the peacock as opposed to peafowl in general.

Reply to
Pavel314

I had peafowl go through the yard. Boy can they make loud hoots. I go lots of turkeys come through, never heard a peep. Deer are making more noise.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I've been trying to teach them but they just don't give a d---

Reply to
lil Abner