They're not called Peacocks anymore

A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl. This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from the word """COCK"""!!!!!
Add pictures here
โœ–

They were always peafowls, but the males are still called peacocks and females peahens.
Greg
Add pictures here
โœ–
gregz wrote:

Right. The government employees who run the zoo mislabeled them in the first place, some 60-odd years ago. When this was pointed out, the required modification simply took a while to percolate up to a decision maker then back down to the sign-making division.
Add pictures here
โœ–
You mean I’m going to have to say ballfowl from now on?
Add pictures here
โœ–

I've reported you for using that word
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 22:23:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@AO1.com wrote:

They have always been called peafowl. Peacocks are male, peahens female- city boys. RT
Add pictures here
โœ–
says...

The mistake is understandable. Peafowl are from India and not native to Central Bumfuck. Apparently they have to go to the zoo to see peafowl, wherever he lives.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:07:16 AM UTC-4, Larry wrote:
e says... > > On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 22:23:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@AO1.com wrote: > > >A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal > >said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl. > >This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a > >politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our > >vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from > >the word """COCK"""!!!!! > > They have always been called peafowl. Peacocks are male, peahens > female- city boys. > RT The mistake is understandable. Peafowl are from India and not native to Central Bumfuck. Apparently they have to go to the zoo to see peafowl, wherever he lives.
The more colorful peacock is generally used as an illustration, hence one generally thinks of the peacock as opposed to peafowl in general.
Add pictures here
โœ–

I had peafowl go through the yard. Boy can they make loud hoots. I go lots of turkeys come through, never heard a peep. Deer are making more noise.
Greg
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Sep 9, 10:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@AO1.com wrote:

I'll remember that the next time I go to the cock fights.... Believe, a lot of Mexicans are going to be laughing their burros off ... :>))))))
Add pictures here
โœ–

I doubt that. The word "peacock" refers to the male bird and "peahen" refers to the female bird. If you had half a brain you could have looked it up FIRST: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peafowl
Add pictures here
โœ–
wrote in message
A friend went to the zoo and saw some peacocks. But the zoo personal said they are no longer called peacocks, they are now called Peafowl. This is because the former name "peacock" offended people. This is a politically correct change to eliminate that filthy C-WORD from our vocabulary. Aren't you glad that your government is protecting you from the word """COCK"""!!!!!
So now when a rooster crows does he Foul a doddle do ????? WW
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 9/10/2012 2:50 PM, WW wrote:

I've been trying to teach them but they just don't give a d---
Add pictures here
โœ–
Peafowl can be either Peacocks or Peahens
Add pictures here
โœ–