Thermostat not turning on

Last summer I had a new thermostat professionally installed. (Braeburn 3000) I'm now trying to get my furnace turned on, and am having problems. I have the pilot lit, and can get the furnace to run when I hold in the toggle switch on the front of the unit, but it turns off as soon as I let the button go. When I turn the thermostat to either "auto" or "fan," nothing happens. I have it set to "Heat" and the temp is set well above the current temp.
Since the fan won't turn on, this seems like a problem with the thermostat, not the furnace, but it was working fine with my AC a few months ago.
I am BROKE and would appreciate any advice that will help me avoid a service call!
This is Turtle.
Go out to your tool house and get a 2 pound hammer and come back where the furnace is. Hold the hammer out in front of you and use both hands. Then hit yourself right between the eyes. then when the dizzeiness clears up. Put the cover back on the furnace and it will run fine. you can leave the hammer there by the furnace if you have any more trouble with the furnace and you will not have to go out to the tool house to get it.
It was a pleasure to help !
TURTLE
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi, Do you have 24V AC coming to thermostat? If it's missing nothing will work. Hope you have a multimeter to aid trouble-shooting. Tony
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Is the thermostat battery operated?

I was thinking the same thing.
If that dont do it, if you know what you are doing, you can jump across the thermostat wires on the furnace and if the t...stat is badm the furnace will start and keep running as long as you jump it. If it still dont run, you got furnace trouble.
You mention the toggle switch. What is that for? Is that a standard light switch to shut the power off to the furnace? If it is, and pushing on it makes the furnace start, REPLACE THAT SWITCH. I'd spend the extra buck and get a 20A switch (for motors).
Since you're broke, I will send my bill and you can pay in installments. Simply send 99.99% of the bill this week, and pay the rest next week (plus interest) !!!
installed. (Braeburn

problems. I

hold in the

as soon as I

"auto" or

temp is set

with the

my AC a few

me avoid a

Check the thermostat battery. If there is a condensate pump on the furnace, make sure it is pumping the water outIf it can't pump the water, a switch keeps the furnace from running.. You can try shorting together the two wires in the thermostat that signal the furnace to run, and see if it does. If not, the problem is probably in the furnace.
Bob
http://www.braeburnonline.com/manuals.html
I think Turtle had it right. It is not supposed to work with the cover off and the safety switch button on the front not pushed in by the cover. Put it together and it should work. Don Young