The saga of the wooden San Jose Schools BATHROOM PASS continues

Page 2 of 3
John Grossbohlin wrote, on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:19:42 -0400:

I like that idea!
The kids would police the kids.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:40:41 -0400, Stormin Mormon

It gets their attention. That should be all that's needed.
"Danny D." wrote:

The local high school has a single person restroom in each classroom. Problem, solved.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Parents dumping defective kids on the school system.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

CA is noted for the liberal left leaning culture. Very possible the entire school system is run on self esteem, and fragile feelings, instead of old fashioned tried and true.
knuttle wrote, on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:24:10 -0400:

I was wondering why all the teachers commented that my kids were wonderful to know in class.
I had wondered if they had mine mixed up with someone elses'. Now I know what happened.
The aliens did it!
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:23:56 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

When I was a kid, the only classrooms with bathrooms were kindergarten classrooms. I guess it does make sense that they all would now.
On 10/30/14, 10:49 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

When I was a kid, schools didn't have bathrooms. At home, my mother made us bathe every week.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

It's a lot less disruption to the class. I saw them during the last hurricane, when the building was used as a shelter for the disabled and senior citizens.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:52:10 -0400:

Does anyone here have high school kids? Would you ask *them* what they use for a bathroom pass? I'd be interested in the results.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:25:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Less interruption? How so? When we were in high school (long before) there were no "bathroom passes". Classes were 50 minutes with 10 minutes between. Young adults were expected to be potty trained.

OK, Abe. ;-)
On 10/31/14, 7:01 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Now I remember. Starting around 7th grade, my schools did have bathrooms. No tubs, just communal showers. It was compulsory to bathe together twice a week.
On 11/1/2014 3:12 AM, J Burns wrote:

Sound creepy. Anyone take pictures?
On 11/1/2014 8:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We had communal showers at the school when I was in middle school, and 7th grade. I hope no one was taking pictures of myself and a bunch of naked 12 year old boys.
Someday I'll have to ask, at a school reunion. If someone did take pictures of a bunch of naked 12 year old boys in a communal shower, were you asking for copies of the pictures sent to you?
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:14:15 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Wait for the class to get over, then skip the next.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

By letting them get up and use it quickly without interrupting the class to ask for the pass and the time it took to return it. Some people have medical problems, and the need arises without much warning.
We had five minutes between classes. Then the principal retired. His replacement cut it to three minutes between classes and turned off the bells even though the clock system needed a lot of work. It turned into a real mess when hundreds of kids were sent to the principal's office for being tardy for each class. The teachers used whatever their watch said, and no two were the same.
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
On 10/31/14, 7:34 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Our school had a Western Union clock system governed by a grandfather clock in the office. Occasionally we'd see classroom clocks jump because the principal was adjusting the grandfather clock.
I believed in punctuality, being neither late nor early. I'd generally reach my desk 10 seconds before the bell. All we had at home was a 3" electric clock on the stove. That couldn't be read precisely, so I relied on my internal clock.
Sometimes on a Monday morning I'd be 10 seconds late instead of 10 seconds early. I couldn't reset my internal clock on the principal's whim, so I'd be 10 seconds late every day. By Friday, teachers would be complaining about my continuing presence in detention. The principal would fix his clock and Monday the school would be back in sync with me.
He could have saved detention teachers a lot of unpleasantness if he'd checked with me or the Naval Observatory before tampering with the grandfather clock.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:34:10 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

*Exceedingly* few high school students have such problems. There are ways to deal with those few. IOW, a red herring.

Your principal and the entire faculty, in fact, were morons. Maybe they were just ahead of their time. It also must have been a very small high school.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

1400
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.