The "Other" Pool Chemical - "Nitrate"?

We've used chlorine and now bacquacil. I've heard that there's another system -- I believe it's silver nitrate based, but I may be wrong -- that's cheaper and more effective for SOME pools and water types. We are in unincorporated land and use well water. It's not bad -- bit of iron, use a softener. In the pool, algae's a problem.

I have had NO luck getting information on this pool maintenance system.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anything about it?

Thanks!

Mark

Reply to
gmark

First link from google when searching silver nitrate pool

a little further down were webstores who sell the chemical but you'r right, there are not any Systems. I think it is added manually

Reply to
PipeDown

try this

Reply to
PipeDown

You realize that the improper use of chlorine relates to symptoms of eye, ear and respiratory infections. what do you think adding nitrate to your pool will result in????

Reply to
SammyFord