Temperature

I don't get it. When I'm running the oil boiler I am comfortable between 75 and 76 degrees. When I'm burning the wood boiler I'm comfortable between 79 and 80 degrees. Same thermometer, same room.
--
You don't have to be stupid to know stupid when you see it.

On 5/17/2011 6:58 PM, LSMFT wrote:

Humidifier on furnace?
Frank wrote:

No humidifier. The only difference is the oil is on/hot, off/cold and the wood is steady all the time. Also the basement only gets to 62 with oil heat and 75 with wood heat (floors are warmer).
--
You don't have to be stupid to know stupid when you see it.

On 5/17/2011 8:30 PM, LSMFT wrote:

Could be minor difference as to how your feet feel but humidity is always suspect. I have a humidifier and feel comfortable at temperatures 10 degrees below yours.
There is also a matter of getting bursts of heat out of furnace. My wife thinks our new furnace does not heat as well but the temperature is the same but before we would get a burst of heat out of the vent and I guess it made her feel that old furnace was warmer. I've heard this complaint about other heaters.

Perhaps there is a humidity difference running the oil boiler compared to the wood burner, though I have no ideas on why they might differ.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
LSMFT wrote:

Hi,Sounds like your room is way too dry. If there is no humidication, how about installing a humidifier? Too much dryness is bad for your health and even bad for wooden funiture.

When I'm inside, I'm comfortable if it's 66 or over, probably 65 too.
When I'm outside, I'm comforable with anything over 50. With just a shirt and no t-shirt
Life's a puzzlement, grasshopper.
On Tue, 17 May 2011 20:14:31 -0700, Smitty Two

Good question!
Wax on, wax off.

mm wrote:

When you are outside you are more active than when you are inside. Your CNS is also more active because you are not in the safe confines of your own home, so your metabolism is higher.
Jon

three factors effect your comfort besides temperature..
humidity
air flow velocity i.e. drafts
radiant heating/cooling
Mark

DO both boilers feed the same actual heating mechanism, ie the same radiators, or are there two separate heating plants?
In typed:

Strictly a case of humidity & effective temperatures due to humidity.

How fast is the air moving?