Telephone will not dial out--the kind of phone with no AC power

Are there any phones (El Cheapo or otherwise) not made in China?

-- . - --- ---
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

Hi, It's matter of specification. They just make things per spec. Difference is quality El Cheapo being at the bottom.
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:44:44 -0600, Jim Redelfs

And when one is detected, even more power is consumed. Power to light the phone's display for a few seconds.

I'd say that one unanswered 3-ring junk call is equivalent (in battery drain) to 20 minutes of talk time. That's just a guess. Got anything better?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

They're out there. They are usually multi-line (>2 lines) sets.
Some go into "dumb mode" without their transformer-supplied power and can still dial out and receive calls on ONE line but many/all other functions and features are unusable.
A few others, without their external power supply, don't work at all.
--
:)
JR