t1-11 z-flashing and water

Let us know how you remedy the situation.

It nice you're able to see behind the siding, if only in one place, there is a problem.

I could believe it the same reason, T1-11 rots prematurely around here. Only nobody knows there is a problem, because they can't see the backside.

In any event, I said from the beginning I'm not a big fan of the z strip for this purpose. I'm sure it could be alright, but rarely are panels stained b/4 they are put up. I have to "LOL" at myself, I tried it to stain the entire panel b/4 putting them up. I found out you never let the sun hit the panel b/4 it goes up, while still wet. I found out the panels take a banana shape, only worse. 8-)

Reply to
Cabot

Indeed. I started on the back wall of the garage figuring I'd work out all the kinks there. What I didn't think about is that it has a bit of a roof overhang and so the wall doesn't get near as much water in a rainstorm. So I didn't catch the problem until the second wall.

I'm sure you're right about most people just not knowing the problem they're creating. The 8' horizontal joints on my house are all 0" gap between flashing and siding, and the siding is buckled out in some places as a result.

Cabot, it's nice to hear that even you have some LOL moments like that. Your work looks fabulous.

Reply to
ben