switch to outlet

i need to remove light switch and install outlet. the switch has 3 black wires going to switch, 3 white wires tied together,and 3 copper wires tied togehter.

Not much information to go on, but I'll give it a guess. On the existing switch there are two black wires on the same terminal and one black wire on the other terminal. Of the two black wires on the same terminal, one is probably the hot feed and the other is the feed to something else on the circuit. Remove these from the switch and splice them together. Then add a short piece (6") of black wire on to them and cap with a wire connector. The black wire by itself is the hot feed to the light. If you are eliminating the light, just remove the other black wire and tape the end or put a wire connector on it. Remove the single black wire's corresponding white wire from the group and splice on a short piece of white wire. Splice on a piece of bare or green wire onto the three copper wires. Now connect these short pigtails onto the receptacle.
Did I get it right?
On Sun, 28 May 2006 11:11:26 -0500, "bcivilla"

You can buy switch and outlet combinations that fit into a standard outlet cover. One white from the wirenut gets added to the wirenut and goes to the silver screw on the outlet. The black FEED wire goes to the outlet AND switch. The supply black wire goes to the light controlled by the switch.
Mark
On Sun, 28 May 2006 11:11:26 -0500, "bcivilla"

Sounds like you need to provide more information.
IMHO, and just a guess from the limited information you provided, one or more blacks is a hot, and one or more black wires is a feed to what the switch was controling. So you need to label/mark your wires before you start pulling anything.
Are you planning on totally removing the swich, or do you mean to removing it, to feed a new receptacle?
later,
tom @ www.freecreditreportadvice.com
bcivilla wrote:

It sounds to me like you're in over your head.
Hire an electrician.
everyone has to start somewhere learning anything.
we need more info to help and get a good book like wiring simplified
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Where death is a possible consequence of mistakes, you start as an apprentice to somebody who knows what they're doing, not by querying strangers on the Internet.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hmmm, Then start with at least basic tools, first a multi-meter which you have to learn to use it properly. And good quality basic hand tools.
bcivilla wrote:

Hi, First, what does switch control? One thing or more than one?
thanks john, it works fine. another outlet was feeding off the switch. thanks again!

Thanks for posting back with the results.