swimming pool questions

low alcilinity (sp?). I assume that is why the pool is a bit green. I installed some chemical to raise it last night. Its above ground 4 feet deep. I cannot see the bottom and keep vacuuming up leaves from the bottom.

  1. is it a waste to place that chemical in there if there are still a few leaves at the bottom?

  1. cholorine is low. Just shocked. Will shocking affect the alki level?

TIA.

Reply to
oreo123