Swimming pool advice

Where does one go on the net (other than here) for advice on swimming pools?
I'm building a pool soon, and would like impartial advice on, for instance, the pros and cons of saline -based chlorinators versus ozone generators. The problem is that the advice i see in this group came from something called "people". Having read the advice I've found I've come to the conclusion that "people" are very subjective in their opinions. For example, dozens of posts are generated praising, then slandering, one particular form of pool sanitation technology, which then degenerates into dozens of messages questioning the ethics, intelligence and general worth of the "people" involved. At the end of which I am no closer to making a decision.
To the more reasonable and calmer "people" out there who have had a similar experience, what resources did you use to arrive at your decisions?

You don't trust us, but you ask anyway.

And how will you determine who is more reasonable?
Go to your local pool supply stores and pool contractors and ask them.

Who gets the treats? Marley or Derek?
That's snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net , right?
"mm" wrote "Gini" wrote:

The problem is that the advice i see in this group came

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:29:12 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

I forget the name of the column in the the inside front cover of Parade magazine, in the Sunday paper. People wrote in and asked questions.
One day during the Viet Nam war, they printed a letter from someone asking about the war, Who should we believe, the press or the politicians? And the column answered, with details, The Press.
Of course. Who did he ask?

The nerve!

A suitable punishment!
I liked the free water test suggestion too. Funny how expensive those free water tests can be.
Want good advice?
Come here, ask questions, only accept the right answers. Simple isn't it?