Suggestions for alternative well water treatment?

Page 2 of 2
Evelyn wrote:

Yes, adjust the well pump pressure switch and tank charge to put the system at a 50/70 split and it will do better.

We use a home brew system that starts with a huge (about 3 gallon) sand filter I bought off of Ebay $75 I think, It was intended for use in the oil service industry (yes it was new). I use a powered ball valve on the purge fitting & control it with a sprinkler timer. We just sprinkle the purge on the garden/orchard. I didn't include a check valve, so the purge also back flushes the holding tanks partially. The final step is just a manifold with 4 normal whole house filters in pairs which last about a month on the primarys and about 3 months on the secondary's, I buy the cheapest filters they sell. I suspect the initial cost was $100 - $300 hard to be accurate as I picked up stuff as I found it, a little thrift store, a little Ebay, Home Depot sale rack, etc. The results are good, the water is pure, no clogged sink aerators, no junk in the toilet tanks, good taste. I do ahve to manually add a little chlorine to one of the filters every 3-4 months, or it picks up a sulfur smell, & I'm working on automating that. My operating cost is less than $10 per month