Stucco "Wash" lime&cement

I have a old stucco covered home that has been painted. The surface is very old and shows some of the underling cement/stucco.
Has anyone made their own mixture to cover over the stucco. I was thinking if there was some cement in the mixture it may reinforce the surface a bit.
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:15:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@uvvm.uvic.ca wrote:

Over paint, fixing small areas I've used a "stucco patch" from HD. I don't know about Canada. New paint, after that works well. The product is pre-mixed and easy to apply for small hair-line cracks. Comes in a quart sized containers.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 4, 12:15 am, snipped-for-privacy@uvvm.uvic.ca wrote:

The old paint wont allow a complete bond.
Add pictures here
✖